NFT.MY February 2023 Web3 News Recap
1. To celebrate Valentine's Day and the month of love, Vogue Singapore X 8SIAN launches the Love Chain NFT and the ‘From Blockchain to Love Chain’ love-themed campaign with an aim to strengthen connectivity and unity in the Metaverse.
Read our coverage: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/from-blockchain-to-love-chain-with-vogue-singapore-x-8sian-29
2. Meta (previously known as Facebook) recently organized an event in Malaysia to celebrate the launch of its “Creator Academy”. The academy is supported by The Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) and offers free training and support for aspiring and emerging creators. The program provides creators with the opportunity to learn from established peers in their local area and gain insights into how to use Facebook and Instagram creator tools and products to grow their audience, build their personal brand, and turn their passion into a profession.
Link to article: https://www.marketing-interactive.com/meta-launches-creator-academy-in-my
3. Beeple, one of the pioneers in the everyday movement in 3D graphics and a trailblazer of the Web3/NFT space, appeared as one of the speakers at Graphika Manila 2023. Beeple is known for his monograph “Beeple: Everydays, the First 5000 Days”, which sold at Christie's in March 2021 for a whopping $69 million. During his talk, he demonstrated his workflow with a live demonstration using Cinema 4D, a 3D modeling program. As its encore, headliner Beeple wrapped up Graphika Manila 2023 with inspiration and creativity by whipping out a 3D artwork designed and finished onstage while keeping it interactive with inputs and feedback from the crowd - demonstrating how he’s able to keep up with his Everydays challenge and prompt by taking inspiration from everything around him such as current events, trends and news.
Link to article: https://www.adobomagazine.com/design/digital-artist-beeple-on-his-everydays-workflow-and-process-at-graphika-manila-2023/
Link to article: https://blockzeit.com/bondee-takes-southeast-asia-ready-to-join-the-digital-social-metaverse-craze/
5. Malaysian AI artist, Mind Mechanic makes history as the first ever NFT artist to mint a 1/1 artwork on the platform Generative.xyz, making it also the first ever 1/1 minted on the Bitcoin blockchain! The artwork, titled Fluttering Thoughts of Bitcoin is made using the aid of AI image generator, Midjourney.
Link to artwork: https://generative.xyz/generative/1000013
6. Love Blooms is BloomThis’ first ever NFT collection. In celebration of Valentine's Day, each NFT pack consists of both an Owner NFT + Recipient NFT, making it one of the world's first NFT gifting experience. The sale start February 1st, 2023 with the first round of minting to be limited to 200 pieces belonging to the ‘Rose’ flower category. It has since sold out all 200 pieces.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/love-blooms-nft-to-celebrate-moments-of-love-an-ama-with-bloomthis-founders-giden-and-penny-25
7. Checks VV, Jack Butcher's thought-provoking exploration of social status and motivation in an online world that began as a social commentary artwork generated nearly 2,000 ETH in secondary sales on OpenSea and saw 16,031 mints in total. What is the craze about? Check out our Checks VV coverage in the link below.
Link to article:https://nft.my/blogs/articles/checking-out-checks-vv-jack-butchers-exploration-of-social-status-and-motivation-in-the-nft-space-32
8. Ordinals is Bitcoin's latest answer to NFT and is rapidly on the rise with the CryptoPunk's inspired 'Ordinal Punks' soaring in value recently. Forbes identified over 50,000 Ordinals NFTs, and a sum of 13 BTC spent on Ordinals on the chain. What is all the buzz about?
Read our coverage: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/ordinal-inscriptions---bitcoins-latest-answer-to-the-nft-question-35
9. Local creative coder & developer, Nero One launches his generative art project titled 'fl00rs', which made wave as it sold out all 512 pieces, making a total volume traded of 157 at the moment of writing. What is fl00rs and who is Nero One? NFT.MY interviews him to talk about it and more in our blog section.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/nero-one-and-fl00rs-discussing-about-the-generative-art-project-his-journey-so-far-37
Follow kami di social media untuk segalanya NFT!
Like, share & follow!