NFT.MY January 2023 Web3 News Recap
1. Malaysian NFT artists killing it in the Open Edition meta. Local creators Qaymarhart, Amirpls & Hachimi blazes with their Open Edition NFT drops making a collective total of almost RM 1 million! What an epic haul. Particularly, Qaymarhart's 'PROJECT BANA - GEN' sold 2510 editions, making a mind-blowing 125.5 ETH which at time of writing is worth RM880k+. Other artists are following suit, dropping their own Open Edition NFTs including Azyandraws & Akuesyazwan. Will this start a new trend? Let's wait and see!
2. Fahrenheit88 x Tomatobit held a CNY NFT badge hunting activity to commemorate this year's Chinese New Year celebrations at Fahrenheit88 Shopping Mall, Bukit Bintang. Visitors were to collect 5 badges by scanning QR codes in the premise that can then be traded for a Fahrenheit88 x Tomatobit NFT. Fun!
Original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnRis8yyNRW/
3. Established local NFT artist Red Hong Yi launches her latest exhibition entitled "My Alleyway Memories: Once Upon A Longtang". The installation will be on display at the National Art Gallery in Kuala Lumpur until March 22nd.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/artist-red-hong-yis-new-art-installation-pays-homage-to-shanghais-longtang-residences-20
4. Russian daredevil Angela Nikolai & her partner, who controversially sneaked to the top of the Merdeka 118 tower and snapped photos managed to sell one of the photos as NFT for 7.69 ETH (at time of writing worth RM54k). Malaysians lashes back the illegal intrusion while authorities are investigating the case.
Link to article: https://www.hmetro.com.my/arena/esukan/2022/12/915532/gamesmy-esports-lancar-pas-keahlian-berbentuk-nft
5. Malaysian duo Cwndien & the late urban artist Orkibal represents Malaysia among other SEA artists who were selected for the Tezos Exhibition at the S.E.A. Focus 2023, the anchor event of Singapore Art Week 2023.
Link to article: https://www.tzapac.com/articles/legacy-community-and-collaboration-cwnddien-and-orkibal/
6. Malaysian-based metaverse dev company Virtualtech Frontier (VTF) who developed Mitoworld.io secured a US$200k seed round funding from Singapore's Blockchain Founders Fund.
Link to article: https://www.blockhead.co/2023/01/19/virtualtech-frontier-triples-revenue-in-2022-secures-funding-for-growth-2/
7. Hikari Riders launches Hikari Riot Pass NFT collection which works as proof of membership. The custom motorcycle enthusiast brand established by Hujan frontman, Noh Salleh, kicks off the project on the 28th January at the Hikari Riders HQ at Sanjuro Cafe.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/the-launch-of-hikari-riders-membership-riot-pass-23
8. 1Utama launches their OneCard NFT collection on OpenSea that is purchaseable until 30th of March 2023. The collection comprise of 3 stunning designs of Batik, Splash and Spirng Summer for on RM50 worth of NFT (0.075ETH). All proceeds from the sale of ONECARD NFT will be donated to charity.
More info: https://twitter.com/1UtamaOfficial/status/1620619025163378688
9. Miidas, Malaysian-based NFT marketplace unveils its 2023 Whitepaper that includes plans for the project and upcoming native token on the BNB blockchain.
Link to article: https://www.bsc.news/post/miidas-nft-launch-2023-whitepaper
10. Pestle & Mortar Clothing (PMC) with Tiger Malaysia, under the Tiger Archives Uncage campaign funded a total of RM400k to 8 winners who were voted by the community. The campaign is PMC's commitment to giving back to the community with 30% of the sales from their NFT collection going into the campaign that looks to support the local Arts and Music scene through a series of grants.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/the-tiger-archives-exhibition-uncage-18
Follow kami di social media untuk segalanya NFT!
Like, share & follow!