NFT.MY March 2023 Web3 News Recap
1. NFT Asia and Sotheby's Hong Kong launched its 1st edition of Digital Art Auction for the year 2023 with a special curation of 10 Asia-based creators curated by NFT Asia which includes reputable surrealist photo-manipulator Malaysian Ronald Ong. The auction cycle ended with a ballpark of USD$200,000 (equivalent to RM900,000+) in sales.
Check out the auction selection and details: https://www.sothebys.com/en/digital-catalogues/the-new-vanguard-curated-by-nft-asia
2. Renowned digital art maestro Beeple (Mike Winkelmann) launched his 50,000-square-foot Beeple Studios in glorious fashion; as a showcase of his art legacy and to foster a community of fellow NFT creators. The launching of the studio, which is located at Charleston, South Carolina, was done in partnership with art auction house Christie's, showcasing artworks from the best NFT artists around including Fvckrender, XCopy, Murat Pak, Victor Duarte, Refik Anadol and others.
Link to article: https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2023/03/13/nft-artist-beeple-opens-digital-art-gallery-in-charleston/
3. On the 4th of March 2023, the opening ceremony of the Kecik-kecik Group Show brought together artists and art enthusiasts from all over Malaysia. The event, organized by Penang Art District and Arteesan.io made history as the first art exhibition in Malaysia to wholly issue NFT-based certificates of authenticity.
Link to article: https://nft.my/blogs/articles/arteesan-empowering-art-through-nfts-36
4. UNST Artists Collective launches Evolution Aseana Exhibition, a curation that celebrates heritage through the lenses of 11 Malaysian Artists. The theme touches on the quintessential concept of 'home', capturing a visceral sense of longing and nostalgia through beautiful visuals. A total of 35 editions in total from the collection sold out in under 24 hours. Congratulations!
Link to collection: https://collector.sh/drops/unst
5. Meta (previously known as Facebook) removes support for digital collectibles (NFTs) from Facebook and Instagram in order to prioritize on other ways to support creators, people, and businesses.
Link to article: https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2023/03/18/end-of-a-trend-meta-removes-nft-features-from-facebook-and-instagram
6. Virtualtech Frontier Sdn Bhd (VTF), a Malaysian-based metaverse development startup launched its enterprise focused browser-based metaverse-building platform, Mitoworld. The platform offers a no-code solution that simplifies the process of creating a Metaverse. It currently has over 40 virtual worlds built by artists, designers, influencers and corporate accounts.
Link to article: https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/startups/500-global-backed-metaverse-development-startup-virtualtech-frontier-launches-its-mitoworld
7. Singaporean NFT artist Shavonne Won trailblazes with 'The Ties That Bind' exhibition, another rippling move in the cryptoart space with a showcase of innovative, interactive dynamic NFTs built on top of great concept and tasteful aesthetics. Wong partnered with Transient Labs to bring her brilliant ideas to life.
Link to article: https://www.nftculture.com/nft-news/the-ties-that-bind-a-revolutionary-nft-art-exhibition-by-shavonne-wong/
8. Nymea curates "The Dance" Drop, a virtual exhibition on the Solana chain involving 33 artists of various disciplines that twirls in unison to the theme of dance.
Link to collection: https://collector.sh/drops/thedance
Follow kami di social media untuk segalanya NFT!
Like, share & follow!